Pages - Menu

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

A quick update: Amazon reviews

In my post Fun with Amazon I researched a lot of weird products and even weirder reviews. It was the most fun since ... well ... actually ... yesterday I bought a wooden broom stick - that's turned out to be a lot of fun. I get to pretend to be either Monkey from Monkey Magic, or Robin Hood's main merry man, Little John.

But once again I digress. The point is, now that I've spent all that time on Amazon looking up some of the things you can buy online, the good people at Amazon (or I suppose more correctly their "cookies") have latched on to me.  I received an email from them the other day with some interesting choices. Would I like to buy that Mountain three wolf moon t-shirt? Or how about some fresh whole rabbit? Mmm yummy. I'm sure that mail-order rabbit will be extra tasty and just as fresh after the 3 weeks it takes to get from the West coast of America to the West coast of Australia. I particularly liked their suggestion of the Accoutrements Yodelling Pickle and the Bacon-shaped adhesive bandages.

Amazon could make some improvements to their cookies. Like figuring out I live in Australia - it shouldn't be hard. They can work it out when I buy something only to be told right at the end of checkout that it doesn't ship to my location!  Fresh whole rabbit seems to be okay though?

My list of recommendations looks pretty interesting too. Besides the above mentioned items Amazon recommended the following things I have never looked at:

So there you have it. Truth be told, in and amongst the weird stuff, there was some pretty good stuff too. I think I just need to spend a little bit of time refining my recommendations and they might actually be useful.

Still, I'm disappointed none of these were recommended.



COPYRIGHT
Creative Commons License
Journey into Stuff by Jeff Bilman is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Please note, visitors to this website are solely responsible for the information they post. Any posting of copyrighted material is strictly prohibited and the owner of this website shall not be responsible for any copyrighted material uploaded by third parties.


5 comments:

  1. You forgot the 16 frogs legs. I was curious to know what they'd be like once they arrived all the way from the US.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did forget the frogs legs didn't I? I suppose after trying snails recently (and not being that excited about them), frogs legs didn't really appeal. I wonder if they do chicken feet?

      Delete
  2. Love it! But I have learned my lesson because I also got an email recommending the bacon-shaped band-aids after my last prowl there following your previous post (because another blogger I know had written about her son using ham as band-aids so I wanted to send her the link to prove her son was onto something ...).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ham as band-aids, that's great. Maybe in my next Amazon order (the horse head mask naturally) I'll buy some of those band-aids and send you a few for your blogger friend's son.

      Delete
  3. When your website or blog goes live for the first time, it is exciting. That is until you realize no one but you and your. FBA prep

    ReplyDelete